In July 2020, The LFC Foundation announced that it would be joining forces with Robbie Fowler’s Education and Football Academy (FEFA) to create the LFC Foundation and Fowler Academy Partnership.
Fowler Academy, who are nationally recognised as specialists in football and education, offer a range of football and education opportunities for young people aged 16-19 to prepare them for their next career step.
Alongside its successful football programme, FEFA offers a varied curriculum, including specialist pathways in football development, sport science, coaching, personal training, business and a range of A-Levels.
The aim of the partnership is to allow young people to benefit from the expertise of FEFA alongside the career opportunities that LFC Foundation offers.
We can’t believe the year we’ve had, with successes both on and off the pitch.
Here is a roundup of the amazing year of our partnership:
• NFYL U19 Premier League Champions – Fowler Academy have become winners in their first year in the competition. This builds on previous five years of success including being crowned ECFA National Champions and Dubai Super Cup Champions. They only lost once all season!
• Professional Club Trials - 2 students trialling at Oxford United FC and Blackpool FC this coming pre-season.
• Semi-Pro Football - 1 student has signed a contract at Witton Albion FC and there are currently 7 other students out playing in leagues.
• Academic achievement - 100% of students gained their first choice University – an amazing feat. Attendance during COVID remained extremely high with both face to face and online sessions.
• Awards – Fowler Academy were named in the TES Top 6 Further Education (FE) providers in the UK. Assistant principal, Andrew Allen, came 3rd in the Pearson FE lecturer of the year.
• Melwood - FEFA will move into Melwood in 2022!
Through the LFC Foundation and Fowler Academy Partnership, we’re able to give young people the opportunity to benefit from the expertise of FEFA alongside the career opportunities that the LFC Foundation offers.
Robbie Fowler, Technical Director of The Fowler Academy said,
“I am constantly reminded by the quality of the education and football at my academy. When I first set this up the Fowler Academy, I couldn’t have envisaged the huge successes that have followed.
“This is fuelled by the expertise, experience and absolute professionalism of the staff first and foremost. I truly believe we have the best group of staff, within this sector, in the UK.”
“The partnership with the LFC Foundation has enabled two fantastic organisations to work together. This has improved young people's lives; the education and football offers are unrivalled. I look forward to the continued success of this partnership and can’t wait to see it grow further.”
“The acquisition of Melwood, alongside Jamie Carragher, has been beyond my wildest dreams. Our ethos moving forward is to continue the global iconic status of this special place and we look forward to welcoming our students into this world class facility in 2022.”
To further Robbie’s comments, Matt Parish, CEO of The LFC Foundation added,
‘’When the LFC Foundation and Fowler Academy went into partnership last June, we knew that it was the coming together of two organisations whose key purpose was creating life changing opportunities for young people. Although the partnership only started officially in June 2020, we had been talking through how it would work and learning about each other's respective values for at least 12 months before that.”
“The main factor for the LFC Foundation was the commitment of the Fowler Academy to ensuring excellent academic outcomes and positive progressions for the students, but to have had such a great season on the pitch as well as in the classroom in our first year is a massive bonus.’’