SMF Works is providing 16-25 years olds who live in the Liverpool City Region, a chance to be part of a free 10 week employability programme.
What does it involve?
- Based at The Brunswick Youth & Community Centre in Bootle, Marsh Lane L20 4JQ
- Every Monday for 10 weeks from 10th May
- Open to participants aged 16-25 in LCR (Liverpool, Sefton, Halton, Knowsley, St Helens & Wirral)
The programme will offer a blended learning experience for participants, combining digital courses and unique workshops focusing on skills for future employment.
• Learn how to reflect on skills from activities you are using in your daily life and leanr how you can utilise them for job applications, CVs & interviews
• Understand how the LFC values of Unity, Dignity, Communitment and Ambition are helpful for employment.
• Work on a mini social action project with your team!
What will each week look like?
Each week, focus on a new activity and skill:
• How can you use video games in your job applications
• Developing critical thinking through board games
• Develop your communication through podcasting.
• Develop your time management skills through cooking
• Marvel Vs DC and the art of discussion
• What employability lessons can we learn from the Simpsons
• Develop teamwork through UV dodgeball.