LFC Foundation has launched a new series of virtual employability events as part of its successful Works programme.
The ‘Works: Careers Uncovered’ series provides participants with the opportunity to hear from industry leaders in a range of different fields including sports, hospitality, arts, and business.
Professionals from organisations such as the BBC, England Rugby League, Institute of Directors and the FA, will talk candidly about their career journeys, provide an understanding of how they got to their current position and offer advice and inspiration to those wanting to achieve success in their chosen careers.
The creation of the Works: Careers Uncovered series is part of LFC Foundation’s community response to the COVID 19 pandemic, which continues to have a substantial impact on many areas including employment.
Matt Parish, Director, LFC Foundation, said: “Our new Works: Careers Uncovered series continues our aim of providing employability advice, guidance and opportunities for our communities across the Liverpool City Region.
“We have an array of fantastic contributors in this series who will be a source of inspiration to many and I like to thank them all and the Steve Morgan Foundation whose funding has made this series possible.”
Two successful events from the series have already taken place and received positive feedback.
100% of participants who attended the Coaching at Liverpool Football Club virtual event with guests including LFC’s First Team Goalkeeping Coach John Achterberg said they felt inspired after attending and were impressed by the high calibre of the guest speakers.
The LFC Foundation’s Works: Careers Uncovered virtual events will be taking place every Tuesday and Thursday from 11am-12pm for the next three weeks. If you would like to join and uncover some inspirational career journeys from a range of inspirational figures from different industries, please visit https://careerslfcbehindthescenes.eventbrite.co.uk
to register for the next event.
Works: Careers Uncovered upcoming events:
Tuesday 2nd Feb – LFC Behind the scenes
• David Roberts (Senior Manager, grounds management, Liverpool FC)
• Phil Egan (Stores Manager, Liverpool FC )
• Andrew Powell (Senior Specialist, Photography, Liverpool FC)
Thursday 4th Feb – LFC Hospitality
• Craig Roe (Bootroom Manager, Liverpool FC)
• Ben Darracott (FOH Manager, Liverpool FC)
Tuesday 9th Feb – Liverpool Creative
• Andy Kent (CEO, Angel solutions)
• Gavin Sherrat (MD, Mashbo)
Thursday 11th Feb – Sport
1. Chris Kirkland (LFC Foundation Community Representative)
2. Shaun Wane (England Head Rugby Coach)
3. Zuleikha Chikh (FA Women’s Leadership Programme, CEO UCLAN student services)
Tuesday 16th Feb – Hospitality & careers
4. Paul Askew (CEO, Art School)
6. Courtney Wakes (Arc Hospitality)
Tuesday 18th Feb – Disability & inclusion
7. Tom walker (Freelance BBC reporter)
8. Matt Pounder (Inclusion and Equality executive)
9. Aaron Moon (First amputee parachute instructor in the UK - PDRL Player)
Sign up for our weekly events here