Last night, the LFC Foundation hosted their 2nd ever Volunteer Awards, celebrating and rewarding the volunteers who have given their time and dedication to do amazing things for the community.
We’re amazed by the selflessness and love shown by our volunteers. Even when the world locked down, it didn’t stop people still being there for each other and helping those who needed it most in our communities.
From volunteering at food banks, delivering food parcels around the city, providing zoom yoga sessions to stay active and friendly phone calls to the most isolated in our community, our volunteers have gone above and beyond this season.
We would like to thank our Volunteer Partners, LJMU & The Steve Morgan Foundation and our Community Partners, North Liverpool Foodbank, Feel Good Factory, Daisy UK and Community Integrated Care for helping us to reach those in our city that we could make a difference to.
Since the launch of our programme, we have seen so many amazing things happen.
For the 19/20 season we have seen:
● Over 1746 hours of volunteering
● More than 100 people signed up to be an LFC volunteer.
● Over the past 12 months, there have been more than 64 opportunities to volunteer with over 30 sessions per week.
● A special thanks to 10 LJMU students who took part in our volunteering programme and had long term placements across the season.
Our LFC 2020 winners:
- LFC Connect Staff Champion: Laura Gill
- LFC Food bank Champion: Bernie Pickles
- LFC Staff Champion for Outstanding Contribution: Ricky Heywood
- Community Volunteer Awards: Jordan Duke
- Youth Panel Volunteer of the Year: Claire Keith
- Rising Star Award: Matty Swift
- Student Volunteer of the Year (LJMU SU): Sarah Latham
- Volunteer Ambassador Award: Vicky Smith
- Outstanding Contribution Award: Brett Duffy
- Volunteer’s Volunteer of the Year Award: Ricky Heywood
The winners were chosen based on the amount of hours they had volunteered which were logged through our online portal but could also be nominated by Programme Managers and the volunteers themselves. This year, there was a significant focus on volunteering over lockdown and we were amazed to hear about all the support our volunteers were still able to give.
Ahead of the big night, all staff and community volunteers had a door-stop delivery which included some LFC themed cupcakes made by a staff members mum (Off Your Cake) and a drink of their choice so they could enjoy whilst watching the awards.
A huge thank you to everyone who was involved in the awards. Bring on the next season!