The Liverpool Football Club Foundation is the official charity of Liverpool Football Club. We raise funds, develop partnerships and deliver high impact programmes that engage young people through their passion for Liverpool Football Club and football, helping them to improve their health, skills and life chances.
We are proud of our work to date, engaging thousands of children and young people each year, however we have ambitious plans for the future - our vision is to be the leading football foundation that transforms young people’s lives.
In this role you will be responsible to oversee governance for the Charity effectively, act as company secretary and ensure compliance with legislation, statutory requirements and continued improvement of governance practices. The post holder will work closely with the Foundation Director to ensure the charity is compliant and well-governed in accordance with the regulations set by Companies House and the Charity Commission.
Duties will also include:
- Oversee the Data Protection function of the Foundation
- Manage all administrative duties for the Board of Trustees and Foundation Director
- Prepare an annual calendar of board and sub-committee meetings, review board and sub-committee membership and terms of reference
- Act as clerk for board and sub-committee meetings
- Advise on governance procedures – draft agendas and reports, minute meetings, publish accurate records of meetings and ensure actions are completed within timescales
- Implement recommendations from the Charity Governance Code to ensure continuous improvement and effective governance practice
- Manage an effective recruitment and induction process for new trustees
- Plan training for trustees and draft and disseminate guidance to ensure trustees are well informed and appropriately equipped to fulfil their roles effectively
- Act as first point of contact for external regulators including the Charity Commission, Companies House, ICO, PCSI, insurance, etc - ensure statutory returns are completed and filed within timescales
- Maintain a central system for LFCF leases, contracts, SLA’s and other legal documentation
- Draft and review information relating to governance and ensure the website includes relevant up to date information
- Provide support and guidance to other team members
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Experience of working in the charity, public, commercial and/or sports sector in a similar role
- Experience of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment to ensure all deadlines are met
- Experience of working with confidential information and documentation
- Excellent ICT skills across MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)·
- Quantitative and qualitative research design and analysis skills
- Positive, flexible and pragmatic. Able to cope with uncertainty and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Able to manage multiple projects and programmes
- Friendly open manner and the ability to communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisation skills
- A self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team
- Some people management experience would also be desirable for this role
This role is within our Foundation Team based at our modern office space in Liverpool City Centre close to local shops, bars and restaurants. The post-holder will also be required to visit and occasionally work from our Foundation base at Anfield Sports and Community Centre.
This is a permanent position working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday although flexibility is required as the post holder may be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion. In return for your hard work and commitment we will provide you with a competitive salary, contributory pension and life assurance. You will also be able to access other incredible benefits including 25 days paid holiday with the option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday, paid volunteering days and a benefits portal offering high street and holiday discounts. Once you have worked for the Foundation for 6 months you will have the option to buy tickets for home matches and have the opportunity to get involved with unique employee experiences such as playing football on the pitch at Anfield and seeing behind the scenes at the stadium on a match day. We also run lots of initiatives to help keep our people healthy and well.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27th October 2019. Apply here.
LFC is committed to equality and diversity and apply this to our recruitment process. We are also committed to the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, meaning safer recruitment methods are applied (inc. DBS disclosures) to all appointments with vulnerable groups. The Club expects all staff to share our commitments.